cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change internal IP of Superhub 3.0

jra505
Dialled in

Hi,

The SuperHub 3.0 defaults to 192.168.0.1 as its internal IP address. Other routers allow you the option of changing to e.g. 192.168.1.1, but I cannot see anywhere in the SuperHub 3.0's set  up pages where you can make that change.

Is it fixed to 192.168.0.1 ?

Thanks,

jra505

10 REPLIES 10

sophist
Trouble shooter

@jra505 wrote:

Hi,

The SuperHub 3.0 defaults to 192.168.0.1 as its internal IP address. Other routers allow you the option of changing to e.g. 192.168.1.1, but I cannot see anywhere in the SuperHub 3.0's set  up pages where you can make that change.

Is it fixed to 192.168.0.1 ?

Thanks,

jra505

if you change the DHCP range it offers out, then it will also update the hub's IP address.. so if you set the DHCP range to 192.168.20.2-200, for example, it will update the hub's IP address to 192.168.20.1

192.168.1 and 192.168.100 are reserved and cannot be used. (1 is guest network, 100 is what the hub uses when in modem mode)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I should have given more information in my original post. I want to turn DHCP off, and allow another router to take care of that. My other router is already at 192.168.0.1 and what I really want to change my SuperHub 3.0 to is something like 192.168.0.250

I'm beginning to wonder if that is possible with this router.

Thanks,

jra505

sophist
Trouble shooter

@jra505 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I should have given more information in my original post. I want to turn DHCP off, and allow another router to take care of that. My other router is already at 192.168.0.1 and what I really want to change my SuperHub 3.0 to is something like 192.168.0.250

I'm beginning to wonder if that is possible with this router.

Thanks,

jra505

is there a reason you don't want to use the hub in modem mode, if you have another router you want to use?

Hi,

Yes - I want to extend my Wifi coverage by using the SuperHub 3.0 (which is spare) as a repeater. I've got another SuperHub 3.0 which is in modem only mode, and a Netgear NightHawk router which I use for DHCP. But there is a part of the house which does not get very good wifi, and I was hoping I could use the spare SH3, connected to the Nighthawk via ethernet, to create a second Wifi zone. But if the SH3 is stuck to 192.168.0.1 then it isn't going to work, since my Nighthawk is already set to that.

Thanks,

jra505 

sophist
Trouble shooter

@jra505 wrote:

Hi,

Yes - I want to extend my Wifi coverage by using the SuperHub 3.0 (which is spare) as a repeater. I've got another SuperHub 3.0 which is in modem only mode, and a Netgear NightHawk router which I use for DHCP. But there is a part of the house which does not get very good wifi, and I was hoping I could use the spare SH3, connected to the Nighthawk via ethernet, to create a second Wifi zone. But if the SH3 is stuck to 192.168.0.1 then it isn't going to work, since my Nighthawk is already set to that.

Thanks,

jra505 

Putting aside the fact that the hub is a terrible device and you should really consider buying an access point for this purpose..

you could try adjusting the range of the DHCP server, so as to force the hub onto a different address.. then disable the DHCP server on it and connect a cable from your router to one of the LAN ports on the hub.. it should all work.. though no guarantees.

OK - I did wonder about that - I'll try it, thanks!

You’re only allowed one Hub per account. How do you have two?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

@gary_dexter wrote:

You’re only allowed one Hub per account. How do you have two?

People love how cheap the hub 3 go on ebay that they buy them thinking they get support here for it.🙄

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm asking the community if anyone could help - I'm not asking for support in the way that you seem to be insinuating. I'm not going to blame anyone at Virgin if the assistance I get from the community does not lead to a solution.