cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cedr

Snramz3
Joining in

I previously had an account with VM. I left VM 3yrs ago and sent the company their WiFi kit. However, some time last year I noted virgin had put a marker on my credit file. I looked into this only to find that my account was in credit with VM and they had received their modem as required. 

I then tried to sort this issue out with VM but as always VM has such appalling customer service such that I had to escalate the matter with CEDR. My complaint was upheld. They had to refund me the credit on my account plus compensation for putting a marker on my credit report.

This was Feb. Its July nothing has come through from VM. I have been chasing this up with VM and CEDR. In the meantime VM has been informing CEDR that they paid up and sorted the marker on my credit report. However, nothing of this sort has been done.

I have approached CEDR several times and all I get is VM says they have paid up.

Please can anyone advise what next step. I can take because I am at a loss as to where or what to do next. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Your next formal step would be to use the Courts Service small claims process to take VM to court.  With a CISAS adjudication in place, and VM's (reported) non-compliance, that's fairly straightforward, doesn't require a lawyer, can be done online, and judgement should be in your favour without needing to appear in court.  If it comes to this, make sure you add on the court fees, and an additional compensation sum for failure to honour an adjudication and the nuisance of needing to proceed to court.   In addition, complain to Ofcom that VM have failed to honour a CISAS adjudication.  Ofcom are pretty useless and won't intervene in the individual complaint, but the relevance is that VM were formally warned about their poor handling of CISAS outcomes earlier this year, and the complaint will keep up the pressure.  Any regulatory action tends to be very costly for large companies.

But before all of that, I'll flag this for the forum staff to get it resolved to your satisfaction.  That's your quickest and easiest option, although you might want to (a) ask for additional compensation for the nuisance of the company's non-compliance, and (b) check that they have in fact amended your credit history.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Your next formal step would be to use the Courts Service small claims process to take VM to court.  With a CISAS adjudication in place, and VM's (reported) non-compliance, that's fairly straightforward, doesn't require a lawyer, can be done online, and judgement should be in your favour without needing to appear in court.  If it comes to this, make sure you add on the court fees, and an additional compensation sum for failure to honour an adjudication and the nuisance of needing to proceed to court.   In addition, complain to Ofcom that VM have failed to honour a CISAS adjudication.  Ofcom are pretty useless and won't intervene in the individual complaint, but the relevance is that VM were formally warned about their poor handling of CISAS outcomes earlier this year, and the complaint will keep up the pressure.  Any regulatory action tends to be very costly for large companies.

But before all of that, I'll flag this for the forum staff to get it resolved to your satisfaction.  That's your quickest and easiest option, although you might want to (a) ask for additional compensation for the nuisance of the company's non-compliance, and (b) check that they have in fact amended your credit history.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Snramz3

Thank you so much for your post and I'm so sorry to hear this has happened!

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into this a little more, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.