cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier grade network address translation

katiesarah
Joining in

I’ve been having issues with my internet dropping on and off rapidly, and my IT support at work told me to ask if my ISP uses CGNAT. I cannot find anywhere online that specifies if Virgin media do, and ringing up wasn’t very helpful. Does anybody know? Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Unless there's good reason to suspect that, I think your IT networks people are looking too deep.  A more probable cause is RF noise or signal power levels.

Connect to the hub by but don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless it’s a business line VM do not use CGNAT

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @katiesarah

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I've tried locating your account through the forum but i'm unable to do so, i'm going to private message you now to collect a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs