cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG tab s2 wont connect?

ron101
On our wavelength

I put my Samsung away for a couple of months, but when I got it out, there was no connection though Virgin Media HUB 3. I tried a few things, but I got the same result. So I settled on FACTORY RESET. After doing that, it still didn't connect. So now I'm baffled. Anyone got any ideas? There are about 10 do have access, so you can see them ok. So it must be authorization of my password.

BUT how do you change it?

I've factory reset the router twice now, but it comes back with the same words. So it is not completely clean.

Ron

22 REPLIES 22

ron101
On our wavelength

It's OK, I've done it. It seems that you have to put Mac address in first in the router, I did and it went right away. Thank you everyone.

ron101
On our wavelength

Right, Galaxy Tab A Can not get on the net. I've tried all sorts of MAC address (i think it 3) 2.4ghz alone, I've tried 5ghz alone, I've tried them together BUT  the biggest problem, if you click VIRGIN MEDIA (Incorrect Password) you go to "Connect to network or forget network or manage network setting. So go to manage net settings and that bring you EAP method which PEAP, TLS, TTLS, PWD, SIM, AKA, AKA. Now which one do i used?

Below That

identity (virginmedia)

Password: ##########

CA certificate theres 2 choices

auto connect

advanced (there ip settings)

Proxy

metered network

MAC address type

mac address

HELP HELP HELPI just do not know where to go? None of them seem to work.

I think ID better go to bed, lol

there must be away of solving it fairly easing to.

ron (please be gentle with my I'm 72 )

ron101
On our wavelength

Oh, and I've got 12 items with MAC address too, I think I saw 10 was the max.

g0akc
Problem sorter

Are you trying to connect to the public hotspot ‘Virgin Media’ ?  If at home you should connect to the network name of your hub as shown on it, like VM12345678

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

And if you’re intending to connect to the hotspots - when out and about - you need to download the app and set up a certificate as shown Here 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

ron101
On our wavelength

No not really I was just trying to get on the internet, I can't get on at all at the moment? What would do to get on?

ron101
On our wavelength

Also, I've put the VM''''' as my Id & password, but it doesn't work on any PEAP, TLS, TTLS

"VIRGIN MEDIA" is not your home WiFi service - Please stop trying to connect to this it is not going to work.

Look for a WiFi service named like VMxxxxxxx there is a card with the VM Hub or stickers on the bottom of the VM Hub that give the Password for this WiFi service.

ron101
On our wavelength

Yes i know that, but wher do you put it there are so many options. Its not just 1 or 2 options, there are loads PEAP, TLS, TTLS, PWD, SIM, AKA, AKA again. I think i could ignore these PWD, SIM, AKA, AKA But the other 3 PEAP TLS TTLS Ive tried them all. The connect blue bar is not light up, so i can not press it. If i do get the bar highlight i get thisd "couldn't connect to network".

Can we go private, i could show you then?