cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant reset hub 4 - can’t connect to hub.

Erandedur
Tuning in

Hi I Setup meine Virgin Media hub yeasterday with a tp link  Deco 5.  To do is this I set up the hub in Modem. mode.  Overnight we had a power cut and now the hub doesn’t provide any more Internet to the decor five. I try to connect with two different laptops to the hub but cannot login to the hub  anymore.  My computer doesn’t Just says there is no network.  So I try to factory reset the hub by holding the reset button for 10 seconds and then also  for 60 seconds.  With no luck.  When I tried this the white ring off the hob just stayed solid wait so to me that indicates that it has a factory reset. 

Could you please clarify how do you factory reset the hub and what web address to use to connect to it.  I tried 192.168.0.1.   

to me it looks like the hub is faulty so how do I get a replacement. 

Another question if I factory reset a hub for that was put on modern mode would you expect that the pub is reset to Router mode and that the Wi-Fi is available again ? 

many thanks. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the Hub has stuck in Modem mode, the IP address is 192.168.100.1 for access.

When doing the 60 second pin hole reset, do not reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing before accessing.

Yes, a proper full factory reset will revert to Router mode with Wifi available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Use 192.168.100.1

When in Modem Mode only one device can be wired to the hub (which would be the Deco node).

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the Hub has stuck in Modem mode, the IP address is 192.168.100.1 for access.

When doing the 60 second pin hole reset, do not reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing before accessing.

Yes, a proper full factory reset will revert to Router mode with Wifi available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Use 192.168.100.1

When in Modem Mode only one device can be wired to the hub (which would be the Deco node).

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Erandedur
Tuning in

Looks like My hub  is refusing to factory reset.  Otherwise I would have the Wi-Fi available again. 
I’m holding the reset button for over 60 seconds but it’s still not resetting. Can you advise what to do in these circumstances ? 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you can't get a wired connection to 192.168.100.1, then is looks like the Hub is broken.

Phone it in, best time 08:00 (09:00 Sun) as the queues will be shorter.

Turn the hub off.
Then power it back on and leave it for 5 minutes.
Then try the pinhole reset again

Many thanks for your help I’ve turned off the Rueter and tried to reset it again but unfortunately it’s still not working so I probably have to call their telephone centre. 

Or does anyone have any other ideas of what is worth trying many thanks

If you can get into the gui and login to the admin page you can try the reset option in there

Hi Erandedur,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see you have spoken with the team and everything is now working. 

Is that correct?

^Martin

Catfarm42
Joining in

I have bumped this as I have this exact same problem right now. Power cut, continuous white solid light, not detecting SSID (so can't log in to it), no internet, doesn't reset. I had an appointment for a technician to come out but then a text saying it was on hold as they were investigating a network problem in the area - but the service status kept showing as fine for my address. I tweeted Virgin media and they have given me no clarification. I think I need a replacement hub as nothing is fixing the issue.

I have kids who need the internet for their college work, and we have no TV as it was all connected via internet.

I don't understand why a technician couldn't show up and now I can't book another appointment until Tuesday!