Menu
burnsy76
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cant find network

My kids laptop does not find my home wifi network?  It finds all the neghbours networks and it allows me to connect to my wifi hotspot from the phone just doesn't seem to find this one.

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant find network

What hub do you have?, has it worked previously?, anything been changed on laptop,hub 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
burnsy76
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 I think, was working fine not changed or updated anything.

Tried reinstalling drivers for Wi-Fi on laptop no difference 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

possible hub has auto onto channel the laptop doesn't like cant use.. could take a look -> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Connecting-WiFi-adaptor-for-air-con/td-p/362...

also:
Visit http://192.168.0.1/ and login with your password (located on the bottom of your hub).
In the menu on the left, navigate to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal.
At the bottom of the page you will find the “Smart WiFi” section. Here tick the box labelled “Disable Channel Optimization” and apply the changes.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
burnsy76
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perfect thanks 

0 Kudos