cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access specific website

Emmakdjt
Just joined

A few days ago my connection to archiveofourown.com stopped working on my virgin media broadband.

I’ve been able to access it on my device using different broadband. And no other website is having issues.

the website doesn’t load and I can find any support for this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

I can access it from my VM connection - I guess either your IP address is being blocked for some reason or there’s a DNS issue????

try changing your DNS to say 8888

I may be barking up the wrong tree though….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi @Emmakdjt

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues accessing this site. Did you make any changes at all to your security settings on either your network or your device? 

You can check your parental controls on your online account to check to see if they are on or off.

Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. If this has not worked, then it maybe that your IP has been blacklisted for this site, there are a few sites that you can check to see if this is the case by googling 'check to see if ip is blacklisted'.

Let me know if you are having any further issues or have any other questions. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley