Menu
davowolf
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Canon MP640 not connecting to new VM hub

Since replacing my hub to the new VM Mk III in order to get my new Mac mini to connect, I now find the printer won't work. Any suggestions please ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Canon MP640 not connecting to new VM hub

Hi davowolf,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with your printer connecting.

With the Hub 3, it broadcasts both the 2.4 and 5 GHz network as one. To make it easier for your devices to connect to the network, you can separate these with different names and passwords.

To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar > sign in with the details underneath the router > on the right click into Advanced Settings > Wireless then Security. This will allow you to change the name and passwords of the networks.

Try this and let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davowolf
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks you Sam. I typed in 192.168.0.1 and put in the new hub p/w but it wasn't recognised !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi davowolf,

Thanks for getting back to me.

With the password, make sure you are typing in the Settings password and not the WiFi Password.

If this still doesn't work, complete a Factory Reset of the Hub and try to log back in.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos