cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot report lack of service

Worryworrier
Joining in

Broadband been down since 19th July 2022 at around 1:30am. 

I went online to confirm the service is down in the area, and looked up that I need to report lack of service to be automatically compensated if it continues. It's really unclear how to do this and I have been trying for hours. 

Live chat with a bot kept pointing me back to the web page. The web page contains no link to report. No option to report in the live chat either.

Called up virgin media, went through the automation, again it confirms that the services down but no option to report my lack of service.  

After again checking service in the areas, I did get a page and that had a screen saying "your loss of service has been registered"- however I had not entered any details to log that it was me?  I did insure I took a screenshot of the message on screen, but dont know how that can be registered to my account without me entering any details (apart from post code information- which will be every house on the street!)

I registered for text updates and got confirmation this morning that services back online. It wasn't, and even the service checker tool showed that it wasn't.

I just want to ensure its on record that I haven't had service for that long so if there is any problems with compensation its logged appropriately. Clearly I attempted to report it in several ways. 

Screenshot_20220720-014017.png

Screenshot_20220720-013806.png

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I am not looking for information about the service. I have that, I even attached a screen shot and stated I know the service is down in my postcode area. And also signed up for text updates

I want to report and register my lack of service to ensure I receive the relevent compensation on my account. 

How do I do that?

I've google searched, tried online on the appropriate virgin pages, rang the number, tried chat, trying here. 

Hi Worryworrier,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get confirmation or find out how to register for a loss of service credit. We'll be happy to take a look at your account to clarify. However from your second attached screenshot, there should be no reason why you wouldn't be registered.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks!

Beth

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Worryworrier wrote:

I am not looking for information about the service. I have that, I even attached a screen shot and stated I know the service is down in my postcode area. And also signed up for text updates

I want to report and register my lack of service to ensure I receive the relevent compensation on my account. 

How do I do that?

I've google searched, tried online on the appropriate virgin pages, rang the number, tried chat, trying here. 

The answer was in my message above - if there is an ongoing issue it asks you to.... "press button X to register"

"Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number."

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

And you will see that I wrote that I have rang the number. I also stated in the previous message I have tried calling. 

It gave me no option to report my lack of service or start a timer. 

Service came back online after a day. Lost days pay but no compensation for a service I pay for, its crazy. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this..

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------