cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reach 192.168.0.1

Slewedcashew52
Joining in

Morning all. I accidentally turned off the router at the socket yesterday. I Switched it back on and went out all day. Noticed a yellow hue to the power led and WiFi not broadcasting on my hub 3.0 (checked for WiFi connection on range of windows, Apple and android devices). I followed the 10 second and 60 second pin reset methods and have also left the router unplugged for an hour and left it plugged in after a 60 second reset for several hours. As there is no WiFi broadcasting I connected an Ethernet from router to laptop and attempted to connect to 192.168.0.1 to no avail and on chrome, edge and ie. attempted to access the router mode ip instead and it comes up with a bizarre message saying it’s already connected to a customer care agent once I’ve entered the password (evidently I can input any password I like and it behaves the same so guessing it’s just a result of not being in modem mode).

has anyone had any recent similar experiences and what was the resolution? As a final FYI, I’ve tried different power sockets and tightening all the cables and splitters too. suspect a power surge may have fried something. 

any help appreciated, thanks cashew

6 REPLIES 6

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Slewedcashew52

That's not good to hear at all 

I have had a good look into this from here. 

I can see you have been on touch with our Faults Team who have arranged an engineer visit

Can you please let me know how this goes 

Gareth_L 

Sure thing Gareth and thanks for reaching out. I was hoping there would be some simple trick etc to spark it back to life. 

Hi Slewedcashew52

Sadly no sparks left for this Hub

Pin hole reset tried 

The Hub is showing off line from here as well 

Can you let me know how the visit goes tomorrow please

Gareth_L

Thought I’d drop back in with an update. The router was goosed and the nice lad who popped round promptly replaced it. All working and getting great speeds. Can’t fault the help. Cheers all.

Brilliant!! - Glad it's all working!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi @Slewedcashew52

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Glad to see this is now sorted, please do contact us if you run into any further issues.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs