cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot link Connect App to Hub 3

stevenmosesuk
Joining in

Hi,

I am unable to connect the Connect app to my hub. This has previously worked using my previous iPhone, but I had to replace it.

I try connecting to an existing Hub, then get a message saying 'Oops. Our Bad, Sorry we couldn't do this for you, Tap 'Try again' to reconnect to your Hub'. Selecting this option brings up 'We're rebooting your Hub. This can take up to 5 minutes.' There is clearly no change or apparent reboot to the hub during this procedure, which I've attempted several times.

I've attempted rebooting the Hub 3 manually, and I've followed all troubleshooting in the FAQ for this problem, yet the problem remains. I've tried iPad and iPhone.

I've contacted VM faults twice, and they seemed to have no idea what this app does (I had to explain it to one of them).

Anyone resolved this?

Thanks,

Steve

11 REPLIES 11

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
What are you hoping to utilise the app for?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try deleting the app and reinstalling. Nearly all functions of the app are available by going into the hub on 192.168.0.1

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Wi-Fi blackspot, and previously used the app to 'scan' for blackspots (I had multiple blackspots). This enabled a Virgin Media agent to send me a mesh pod, but they only send one at a time. I set it up, have tried it in different locations, letting it settle in each time, and it has really helped, but I still have a blackspot, and would like a second pod.

I recalled from the first time that Virgin Media agents can't send one out, unless the Connect App confirms there is a black spot. The latest agents spoke to  didn't seem to know what the app actually did.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

I have already tried deleting and reinstalling the app on the iPhone. I've also tried installing it afresh on the iPad.

This leads me to believe that either it's a new iOS issue, or an issue with the Hub.

Appreciate your thoughts.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get a more reliable scan by downloading any decent Wifi scanning App for Android - or Airport Utility Scan feature in iOS and checking the situation more accurately

Then call in for the second pod if needed - they are usually installed by a tech visit

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks, but this doesn't solve the problem - being that Virgin Media require the Connect App to detect a blackspot in order for them to generate an order to depatch one. But I can't get the **bleep** app to connect to the Hub.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Unless its changed recently VM were not sending out extra pods just because of a wiif scan on the App. Because they are in short supply - and everybody would simply just do a scan at the bottom of the garden and order more.

Hence, they cant be ordered online either - you have to call in and get via a Tech visit

Happy to be corrected when VM get here in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I can confirm, that the case just a few months ago was that you had to use the Connect App to detect a blackspot, and then call in to order one. This is how I requested mine. It was sent to me, and I installed it myself, and it works just fine.

Although, I've just called and spoken to a third agent, who said that up to two extra pods can simply be sent out after the first one is showing as installed and working. They've sent me a new pod, and it arrives Thursday.

Why the first two agents weren't aware of this is, sadly, not beyond me. I used to work at ntl, and it seems the training hasn't improved much in the last 20 years. 

Thanks for responses.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stevenmosesuk

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having issues with the Connect App, I appreciate this is frustrating.

I'm glad to hear you've managed to get the additional pod ordered, apologies this took multiple attempts, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If you have any further issues from here, please let us know and we'll happily assist you further. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide