cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot contact customer service the whole day

nobody007
Tuning in

My virgin media broadband contract will end after 30 days. So today I tried to contact virgin media to inform them that I'm leaving when my contract finishes next month. Every time I called them and waited for approximate 1 hour. Then, the line goes dead and cuts me off. I tried from the morning to the evening for so many times with no luck. It's called customer service line for some reason. Why is there no one services your customers?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's almost as if it's deliberate isn't it?

You could cancel by text message recently but it was quickly shut down. Can't think why.

If you value your time and sanity you can also write in to cancel. Use recorded delivery. See https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

And don't forget to report this to Ofcom.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nobody007,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you've had some issues getting in touch,  I can see from our side you've been able to get in touch since posting.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply. Yes, got through the help line in the early morning on the other day. Told the lady that I'm leaving when the contract finishes.

Everything looks fine until I received a new bill yesterday which will charge to the end of next month with a high rate. What makes me confused is that my contract actually finishes on 10th.

Why should I pay the extra 20 days when I won't use the service anymore?

And, I have paid the last month's bill on 7th Jun. I cannot figure out what happened here.

Hi nobody007

Thanks for posting. OK so we bill in advance so what's potentially happened is your billing period goes past the contract end date, which is normal. From the contract end/termination date, you'll get a cheque for those days 🙂

I'll PM you though so I can get details and we can talk specifics 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you so much for your explanation. Very useful information about how the billing system works.🤝