cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect Ring or other things

dawpool
Tuning in

I have an old hub. Software currently showing V2. 01.15. 

I have tried to connect a Ring doorbell and a small wild life camera. No success. Rebooted 100 times.Been on to Virgin for hours on end. They insist that everything is in order. Tried the devices at friend's house all working to perfection.Anybody able to help please. 

Wild life camera is in same room as router. 

Laptop and Alexa are in same room and work well on 5g. I have a TP booster in hall near bell this works with kindle on 5g. Problem seems to be the 2.5g network but I am cannot be sure.

Many thanks for help and advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you clarify exactly what Hub model it is - should be printed on its base sticker.

Can your devices detect the SSID's for the two bands ? Log into the Hub settings and see whether the 2.4 band has somehow become inactivated. Switch it off and on again to test it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you clarify exactly what Hub model it is - should be printed on its base sticker.

Can your devices detect the SSID's for the two bands ? Log into the Hub settings and see whether the 2.4 band has somehow become inactivated. Switch it off and on again to test it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for help. It is a Super hub AC. Managed to get Ring connected but it cuts out over and over again. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As John has suggested, best to split the SSID's and set the wifi channel manually.  Download a wifi scanner for your phone and it will let you see which 2.4ghz  wifi channel is the least congested.  Will be either 1, 6 or 11.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do as Adduxi says, note thet the SH2ac already has the 2.4 & 5GHz networks on separate SSID's - i.e. they are already "split".

Might be worth looking in the settings to see if its all as it should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
And if it doesn't work out you can always use modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------