Menu
stokeysi
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cannot change the WIFI password for Super Hub 3.0

Hi, I can't change the wifi password for my super hub. I changed it a year or more ago from the preset password. But I've tried to change it again and the hub is not recognising the existing password when i type or copy and paste it in a new one. I reset it to factory settings and the preset password. But it will not let me change it again. I've reset it from the webpage and phoned virgin through the automated menu and that hasn't worked. I've tried turning it off and on again after 60sec. I've tried holding down the rest button with a pin for 20, 30 and 60 sec and then either leaving it on or turning it off for 60sec and still it will not recognise the new password. I've tried a different device and still the same problem. Can anyone think of another solution I can try before I phone virgin? Thanks.
0 Kudos
stokeysi
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot change the WIFI password for Super Hub 3.0

I've just tried using a different browser and still the same.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot change the WIFI password for Super Hub 3.0

I think this is a known "bug" whereby VM recently changed the "stringency rules" for passwords - such that many of the old default passwords are ineligible when you reset and put it in !
I am not sure what the solution is other than a fault call and getting a new Hub sent out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos