cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot accesss Twitter videos anymore

Pari
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I noticed that I can no longer watch Twiiter videos on WiFi. Although all other streaming videos work

I make use of a S4 extension setup, compromised of 3 units and have never had this problem before.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening would be appreciated.

Thanks Pari

30 REPLIES 30

pgn
On our wavelength

Nice idea - but with a young child in the house, I would rather leave Child Safe alone, thanks.

Thanks 😉

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Often due to "childsafe" being activated in your account.

Log into your online account and click the "My Apps" tab - and go to childsafe/websafe and make sure they are off.

If they are then its something else. Can you connect via a computer/laptop connected to the Hub on an ethernet cable

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, thanks for that…

Turned the child safe filter off, they all came back, then re-applied the child safe filter, videos still loading… not sure why, but all good.

Many thanks.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just one of those little "features" VM like to give us 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

deanb01
On our wavelength

Add video.twimg.com to the allowed websites list in the websafe settings.

deanb01
On our wavelength

It looks like child safe / web safe is blocking the domain video.twimg.com; this needs to be fixed by Virgin Media. In the meantime, to fix it for Twitter, add video.twimg.com to the allowed websites list in the websafe settings.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@deanb01 wrote:

It looks like child safe / web safe is blocking the domain video.twimg.com; this needs to be fixed by Virgin Media. In the meantime, to fix it for Twitter, add video.twimg.com to the allowed websites list in the websafe settings.

Theirs nothing to fix video.twimg.com is meant to be on the list people add it to the block list VM looks at the list sees that  domain listed many times than adds it to the default block list. So you wanting video.twimg.com is just a handful who want it allowed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

deanb01
On our wavelength

Not sure I agree with you there. I'm fairly certain folk want Twitter to work correctly.

Hi @deanb01

I am sorry there are sill issues with playing media on Twitter via our WiFi.  Can I ask if you've been able to add to your 'safe list' or can you confirm if child safe is off (which I would not ask you to do) if the videos do play?

Regards

Lee_R

Pari
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for replying to follow up but I started the thread am am still having issues

Switching off child saftey is not an option due to young children at home 

Thanks