cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot accesss Twitter videos anymore

Pari
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I noticed that I can no longer watch Twiiter videos on WiFi. Although all other streaming videos work

I make use of a S4 extension setup, compromised of 3 units and have never had this problem before.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening would be appreciated.

Thanks Pari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me @Pari

I will feed this back to the relevant teams.

Regards

Lee

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

deanb01
On our wavelength

Is anyone else having this issue? Seems to have started happening sometime today.

Videos work fine if I turn child safe completely off, or if I use my O2 mobile phone as a 4G hotspot.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

The joys of web safe but at least it couldn't be worse like VM doing deep packet inspection for web safe and is only limited to VM DNS servers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this thread Child Safe is stopping all videos from working in ... - Virgin Media Community - 4769927

The OP seem to suggest switching off Child Safe solves the issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Pari
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply but also have young children at home so hope there is another way to fix this as videos working on other sides as well

Thanks Pari

pgn
On our wavelength

Getting a lot of "playback error" and spinny circles in Twitter app on Android when on my VM hub's WiFi since yesterday.

Flipping back to O2 Data works, on VM nada. YouTube etc all work fine, just Twitter app or in browser, no video plays, blue spinny circle. Rebooted hub, no difference.

Reinstalled Twitter app and browser app on phone, no difference.  Same issue when logging onto Twitter.com from Chrome or Ghostery on Android.

And it is not just one Android phone impacted, three others in the house, a Pixel 4a, a OnePlus 6T and a Samsung Galaxy A70 all show same symptoms when accessing Twitter through my home Wifi on the VM Hub.  When back on O2 4G, the problem goes away.

What gives?  You trying to force people using Twitter on mobile onto O2's network to free up bandwidth for those with VM TV to see the match today?  Perish the thought... 😑

E6ACVLrWEAAogGY.jfifE6ADu75WYAA_Fyg.jfif

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this thread Child Safe is stopping all videos from working in ... - Virgin Media Community - 4769927

The OP seem to suggest switching off Child Safe solves the issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try settings these OpenDNS servers on your device and see if it works.

These are the Family Safe DNS servers used by OpenDNS.

pgn
On our wavelength

I had that suggestion used some time back as a fix (workaround!) for some eBaystatic pages - turns out it was a combination of things...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/E-bay-Test-Version-Web-Safe-Issue/m-p/4476909#...

Perhaps VM DNS is partly at fault, if using 8.8.8.8 works around the issue, as mentioned elsewhere...

rygettings
Just joined

Hi,
im getting this “content not available” message only on Twitter, only through wifi. Through a hub3. Only recently started…