cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling virgin boradband but customer support not helpin

sskawale01
Just joined

I moved Virgin broadband to my new address and while doing so I also upgraded my service contract - started a new contract with better broadband speed and O2 card included. But at new place it has been extremly intermittent service and I am not able to work at all.

I have been calling customer service 0345 454 1111 on but they are just  pushing me from one member to another and no one is helping me to cancle the whole contract. 

I am still in 14 days of starting new cotract and should be able to cancle the services without paying any penalty. But I think Virgin doesn't want this to happen and hence they keep bouncing me from one member to another. I spend 2 hours on phone waiting, varifying my details, and requesting to cacle the contract, but this did not happen. 

Can anyone please help! 

SSK

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Three options.

1) Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore

"TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001

2. Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.
Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

3. Or, if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you should have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to them at the address specified on the form (should be the Sunderland address)

Send the letter by Royal Mail Guaranteed delivery and save a copy along with the proof of sending and the proof of delivery with signature.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sskawale01, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear you're having an issue with your services since moving. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see there is a signal level issue. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs