cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my services

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone from the VM team get in touch in order for me to cancel my services with the required 30 days notice ? I have tried for nigh on 3 days now to get through & I am getting nowhere fast.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Because you still need to pay until disconnection. Cancelling your direct debit, whomever may be “wrong” will be detrimental to your credit history. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

mart1969
Superfast

I suppose it's an effective way of retaining customers...not answering the phone when someone wants to leave Virgin.

The rules need to change. You " should " be able to sign up to a new broadband supplier and they organise the switch for you. As a customer its not my problem Open Reach and Virgin run on different Networks. It should be as simple as switching Mobile Networks, no need to spend hours waiting on the phone while Virgin hope you hang up and give up!

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Forum staff can't do package changes or cancellations.  But there's a postal address in the T&Cs that you can use.  If doing that, make sure you use a recorded delivery option and save the proof of delivery, and be aware that VM are incapable of sending out cancellation confirmation letters or emails.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Or, call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.

Use options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@mart1969 wrote:

I suppose it's an effective way of retaining customers...not answering the phone when someone wants to leave Virgin.

The rules need to change. You " should " be able to sign up to a new broadband supplier and they organise the switch for you. As a customer its not my problem Open Reach and Virgin run on different Networks. It should be as simple as switching Mobile Networks, no need to spend hours waiting on the phone while Virgin hope you hang up and give up!

That only works as the new ISP would take over the Openreach line.

Since VM operate their own infrastructure etc. then it's not possible.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Peffers
Tuning in

Thanks for this, after 30 years of Virgin or it predecessors, The current price hike is the straw the broke the camel's back.

The speed's, service and the lack of proactive upgrading can no longer be tolerated. 

@Peffers wrote:

Thanks for this, after 30 years of Virgin or it predecessors, The current price hike is the straw the broke the camel's back.

The speed's, service and the lack of proactive upgrading can no longer be tolerated. 

Price increases are required to make upgrades etc. possible. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got through today on a near enough 2 hr Whatsapp session. VM tried everything to keep me but unfortunately when new people get far better treatment then it is time to call it a day, especially when VM will not match the deals out there.

20 yrs with them through Telewest & all before, a sad parting.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Be aware and prepared... there is a good chance you will get a call back in the next 30 days from the retention team managers offering you another package deal for you to stay - its usually much better but will be absolutely - take it now or leave it.

Remember... when you were a new customer you got a better deal than the existing customers and your contract would clearly show what you would pay when the introductory offer ended. New customers always get the better deals so nothing to complain about there..

When you get that discount on your new provider's package, enjoy it for 18 months, and then when it ends and they jack up the price (they always do - its in your contract), then cancel that one and come back to VM and get another "New Customer" discounted package

.... and so it goes.... as a consequence of the way the whole system was set up with no sign of it changing yet

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@jbrennand wrote:

When you get that discount on your new provider's package, enjoy it for 18 months, and then when it ends and they jack up the price (they always do - its in your contract), then cancel that one and come back to VM and get another "New Customer" discounted package

Or just stick with your new provider as most now allow you to re-contract on new customer prices, VM is one of the few that doesn't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2Yd8kKmYkzdrPC24dY2Z4Ds/virgin-media

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/virgin-resists-ofcom-pressure-to-offer-loyal-customers-same-broad...