cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Package

MaccyF
Joining in

Please refer me to somewhere I can cancel my broadband account, by phone I am unable to do this as I do not know my memorable word, as I do not think I ever set this up when I opened my account.

I have already joined a different provider so discounts etc will not convince me to stay. I just need to end my service.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

easiest way is to write to the sunderland address - send it recorded so there is no argument

Tony.
Sacked VIP

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MaccyF 

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update the memorable word  by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

There are various options in how to cancel your contract :-

You could try the live messenger chat https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Also, as indicated on that page, you can use good old snail mail.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

The quickest contact method though is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali