cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Broadband after 2 months?

paule1981
Joining in

Evening, 

First post sorry but hoping someone can help please. 

Moved to Virgin 2 months ago and had nothing but trouble with the broadband. Changed hub location, have been sent boosters (x3), spent hours on calls and its still easily the worst I have ever had. I've lived in the same house for 11 years using multiple providers and Virgin, after promising to be the best, are by far the worst.

I am paying for 1gb broadband with a minimum 512mb as part of the Volt package. I haven't got near that number yet. The overall speed isn't my main gripe though, the reliability of it is a disgrace. I work from home and use Microsoft  Teams frequently and it is always dropping and I have to revert to my 4G hot-spot instead. This is clearly an issue. My children's games on tablets and Xbox are constantly dropping also as well as one of the Alexa's playing 'sleepsounds' dropping in the middle of the night.

Has anyone been able to get out of their contract with Virgin (mine is 18 months) early as I really am disgusted at how bad it is? I would rather move back to my previous provider who offered a tenth of the speed but was far more consistent and was never an issue. I'm kicking myself for changing (wanted to move for the TV package including BT Sport).

Have no issue with the TV other than the outrageous amount of wires associated with the set up. If that would have been explained to me by the salesman I never would have bothered moving at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Three options for you:

1)  Ignore the crap telephone and chat support, work with forum staff (and other forum members) to identify and resolve the problems you have. 

2)  Pay the early disconnection fee (about £280) and chalk it up to experience.  

3)  Build a case made of all of the evidence you have, all contacts with VM, and use VM's formal complaints and then the industry adjudication scheme to argue for release from contract without penalty.  This can be done, but doing it this early in a contract is unusual, and the onus is upon you to create a strong, evidence backed argument.  VM will likely resist this, and fight the case at adjudication.  We can talk you through this further, but it might not work, and you're looking at three months or more to work through the process.  In cases where there's good clear evidence then I'm all for such combative approaches, but at the moment I'm not hopeful of this being a good tactic. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Three options for you:

1)  Ignore the crap telephone and chat support, work with forum staff (and other forum members) to identify and resolve the problems you have. 

2)  Pay the early disconnection fee (about £280) and chalk it up to experience.  

3)  Build a case made of all of the evidence you have, all contacts with VM, and use VM's formal complaints and then the industry adjudication scheme to argue for release from contract without penalty.  This can be done, but doing it this early in a contract is unusual, and the onus is upon you to create a strong, evidence backed argument.  VM will likely resist this, and fight the case at adjudication.  We can talk you through this further, but it might not work, and you're looking at three months or more to work through the process.  In cases where there's good clear evidence then I'm all for such combative approaches, but at the moment I'm not hopeful of this being a good tactic. 

Or failing that bt pay upto £300 to switch as do sky at £200 another option or put it down to experience with £280 

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @paule1981,

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having a poor experience with our services since joining us. We can understand the frustration caused and we truly want to do our best to help.

I am unable to locate your services on our systems. Just to confirm, are you getting these dropouts on wired or wireless devices? Are other devices affected similarly? Have you also been in contact with our team since the problem began? If so, what was discussed?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs