cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling 02 sim in ultimate volt bundle

ReecePR
Joining in

Hi, so I recently purchased the ultimate volt bundle with wifi speeds of 1gbps, sports and movies for £85 a month. £25 of this is spent on an unlimited 02 sim that I have no interest in using at all and the sim is billed by 02 themselves and not virgin. Im still in the initial 14 day period so am I able to cancel the 02 sim and still keep my virgin media package? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Nialli
Superfast

I doubt it. To get any Volt deal they insist you have both the VM and O2 contracts. The TV/BB/Phone element is good value for £85/m when compared with Sky and BT but the O2 mobile contract is probably the most expensive around.

When I attempted to renew my Oomph deal last December I asked for Volt without the O2 SIM (O2 coverage in my area is awful). The agent I was talking to spent ages trying to sort that for me but the system wouldn't let her get close to the £110/m of the Volt combination - I was being quoted £139/m without the SIM.

Yes you can I know many who have done it but a few on here will say  you will be penalised if you do so it’s your choice see what happens 

Im looking for a definite answer, I dont want my VM package to be affected in any way. When I called 02 they said the sim could be cancelled without affecting the vm package because I was still in the 14 day cooling off period. Do you know if this is correct?

I don’t believe an O2 agent can advise on the Virgin Media element of the bundle. The only way to find out is to try it but I was told if I cancelled the O2 contract the Virgin part of the Volt bundle would lose the discount and would rise to £139/m

@ReecePR wrote:
Im looking for a definite answer, I dont want my VM package to be affected in any way. When I called 02 they said the sim could be cancelled without affecting the vm package because I was still in the 14 day cooling off period. Do you know if this is correct?

You will get a definite answer from the mods saying it can’t be done,but I know it can be as they are 2 separate billings and o2 don’t ring vm up and say you’ve cancelled the o2 side, I’m sat at the side of a lad at work he did immediately after going to UV and he pays £60 a month and has been for a few months without penalty,so it’s up to you if you chance it

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ReecePR,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

If you were to remove the SIM which is part of your Volt package, your Virgin Media package will remain active but your Volt benefits may be removed. 

Thanks

Nat