Menu
khrest
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you get black listed by VM service and support?

So I have had issues with my internet connection cutting out since we had a V3 hub update in Feb. I've had FOUR technician visits and raised numerous support calls. None of the techs can fix the problem, all they do is tighten the connections, replace the plugs and check the street cabinet. Even when the problem was still present, and the BB totally down, they couldn't diagnose it. Swapping hubs hasn't helped. Usually, half a dozen times per week the signal vanishes and the box needs resetting. The Think Broadband trace log confirms all these dozens of drops outs, mixed with some longer outages.

On Friday night it stopped and wouldn't come back. Their service status showed no issues in our area. I rang India and was told a tech would attend Saturday PM. As it happened the service returned by itself several hours later, however no tech arrived, which I kind of expected as I didn't receive a SMS confirmation of the visit.

I literally do not have the drive to keep calling India and spending half an hour on the phone to somebody who cannot help me, so will likely be leaving for a much slower (and much, much cheaper) phone based broadband shortly (after 21 years with NTL/VM). 

I'm curious whether anybody else has had issues with promised visits and techs not turning up; have we been 'blacklisted', even informally within our area, after so many visits by different staff I wondered? Have VM 'given up' on my connection ever working reliably? Either way, there's no way to do anything other than keep following the same pantomime of ringing India and going through the script, something I have no appetite left to do after wasting my Friday night messing around with the router and speaking to bots in India. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can you get black listed by VM service and support?

If you want help on here - post more specific details of the symptoms you are experiencing - e.g speed dips and/or cut outs? On wifi and/or ethernet cable connected devices ?
Meanwhile, set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
khrest
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but I did already mention (indirectly) I've been running a BQM since May and it verifies all the drop outs are on the outside of the router.

I also posted logs here in a previous post around that time. I posted again here really as a last resort since Virgin don't even seem to want to come out anymore and I was hoping somebody from VM might be monitoring their own forums!

VM seem to lack any sort of escalation procedure where an engineer might own a problem until he can provide a fix; all I can ever do is phone India and get a different engineer out to do the same tests; and now they won't even do that.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK - a VM bod will be along in a day or so.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi khrest,

Thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue over a long period of time, it is not what we like to hear our customers have been through.We would like to have a further look into things for you via a private message in order to investigate this further. I will follow up right away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos