cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get online with Windows laptops

abdulquyum
Joining in

Hi, I’ve got 3 laptops in the house which are Windows 10. I cannot connect to my Virgin Hub3 with them getting the message ‘No internet, secured’.  Can someone please help as I’ve been on the phone to Virgin all day and they couldn’t.  Thanks in advance 🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abdulquyum wrote:

Hi Mike, I can’t send anything as I have no internet so have no means of communication on the laptop.

On one of the laptops click on the start menu, type cmd, press enter, then type ipconfig and press enter again.

Let us know what 192.168.x.x address, or another 'IPv4' value for that matter, is displayed.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

60 REPLIES 60

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

On a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Both

Update the drivers on them 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

How do you do that? I’m not very good with computers.

Also, one of the laptops is brand new and another a few months old.  I’ve been told to ask Virgin to change the channels on my Hub and that should fix the problem.

In the laptop settings can you see the Wi-Fi broadcasts from your Hub ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

billbill
Up to speed

connect the laptop to the hub with an ethernet cable.

In the bottom RH corner of the windows PC, you should see a little icon of a monitor and cable, this indicates your PC can see the ethernet connection.

Next connect to the router, in a browser, type 192.168.0.1 and press return

You should see a log on screen. The password should be an eight digit number, which will be on a sticker on the bottom of the hub, it is not the same as your wi-fi password. Type in the password and then click Next

Once on the hub, there on the screen should show tour internet status & phone status

Do the above & post back.

How long have you had VM? Has it been working before? Have all these Windows laptops worked on the VM hub before?

Hi billbill, thanks for the advice.

I’ve tried that and I get no internet even using a cable. I have accessed the Hub channels already by taking the steps you mention using the 192 code and can access the channels page.  I asked Virgin how to change the channels on this page but they couldn’t help me so I worked it out myself. The people at Curry’s said I need to get Virgin to change channels to the right frequency so my internet can take Windows. 

I was on the phone with Virgin for most of yesterday and made about 10 calls to them. They just tried to fob me off to a paid service when it’s my internet that’s the problem not my laptops... Very frustrating. Not been with them long.

With an ethernet connection there is no need to mess around with channels.

Check that the white co-ax cable is securely attached to the back of the Hub and the Hub Power Light is illuminated.

Connect an ethernet cable to one laptop and to the rear of the Hub.

Can you see a green light flickering next to the cable end on the Hub ?

Can you see a little screen icon adjacent to the clock on the laptop taskbar ?

net

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.