cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get online with Windows laptops

abdulquyum
Joining in

Hi, I’ve got 3 laptops in the house which are Windows 10. I cannot connect to my Virgin Hub3 with them getting the message ‘No internet, secured’.  Can someone please help as I’ve been on the phone to Virgin all day and they couldn’t.  Thanks in advance 🙏

60 REPLIES 60

@abdulquyum wrote:

Just to let you guys know VM are sending me a replacement Hub. Hopefully that will work bit in the meantime thank you all very much for your help and suggestions, it is greatly appreciated 🙏

that will be interesting - if it works then great if not then no harm done other than you will be back where you started

personally i think the chances of it changing things are nil - they have just got rid of you [for now] - its their fast route when they have not a clue

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I have the same problem. New windows 10 laptop can't connect to VM wifi. It's OK connecting to other wifi. An older windows 10 laptop also gets the same connection problem. This has been used on sky wifi for years with no problem. The laptops can see the wifif icon, the password can be entered but just get message saying Can't connect to internet. VM say will fix for £60 and would only take 10-15 minutes. Have tried ipconfig reset but still the same

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JeffBKQ, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you have problems connecting. 

Can you please confirm if you have this issue when the device is connected directly to the Hub via ethernet cable?

Also, can you please expand on what you were advised the £60 charge would be for? 

Thank you 

Nat

I have not tried with a cable.

I went through lots of things with VM help who gave me an 0800 number to ring.

They said they would fix the issue in 15 minutes if I paid for support so much per month with a minimum of 6 months or a one-off charge of £60 to fix the problem for one device.

Can you try connecting to the Hub using an ethernet cable please?

Rob

I don't have a suitable cable for that.

I just want to get on to wifi without having to have a cable connection.

An old windows 10 laptop that has an older version of windows 10 still works on wifi.

So the problem is just with new windows 10 and hub 3. My laptop works OK on neighbour's higher spec VM wifi.

Good morning JeffBKQ

Thanks for coming back to us.

Please can you try this link

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I've tried all of those thanks.

An engineer is coming on Monday, so I'll let you know the outcome then.

Thank you for the update @JeffBKQ.

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

New hub 3 has resolved the issue. Thank you VM