Menu
KC22
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can’t find wifi

My daughter has accidentally changed our settings to connect to modem and now we’ve no wifi and can’t even access our settings page via laptop and Ethernet cable.

Do you know how to correct this?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t find wifi

Hi @KC22 

Check the bottom of your hub. There should be a label there with your default hub settings (Wifi network name, Wifi password and network password)

If you can read all of these then it's safe to reset your router and then set it up again using those details.

Leave the bub switched on, then disconnect any ethernet connections.

Push in the “reset pin/button” with the end of a paperclip/t sim removal kit etc and hold it there firmly for a timed minimum of 60 seconds

Don't restart the hub after that, instead leave it for 8 to 10 minutes so it stabilises

Providing the factory reset has worked (if it hasn't do it again) then the passwords etc will have reverted to those printed on the Hub sticker.

You should now be able to use that info to log into the hub settings 192.168.0.1 and set it up how you want.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t find wifi

Hi @KC22,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Just checking in to see if you managed to get this sorted? I can see @newapollo has given some great advice as always 😄

Let me know if you still require any further support.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos