cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find a way of ordering a Pod?

QueenVic4
Tuning in

I've been going round in circles with the phone number, message bot and help pages. I have only 4 Mbps in my office and really need something to boost this signal for Teams use. I've done all the reboots and resets already.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi QueenVic4

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you're having WiFi issues.

I've ran a check on the system today and no issues are showing, all levels are fine.

Have you used the Connect App? https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - this should help optimise the connection and if a Pod is needed, prompt you to order one.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @QueenVic4 

See the following page for details, including  how to order online via My Virgin Media or through the Connect app

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

You can also call the direct number 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you, the link just requires me to upgrade and the phone number cuts off when I call, tried many times! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you a 1GB or Volt customer? If so Pods are free and =wiorth trying.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever,

£30-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you. I thought they provided one pod for free if you had poor signal in one area of your house and charged if you needed more. Thanks, I’ll look at my options

Hi QueenVic4

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you're having WiFi issues.

I've ran a check on the system today and no issues are showing, all levels are fine.

Have you used the Connect App? https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - this should help optimise the connection and if a Pod is needed, prompt you to order one.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill