Menu
uknews
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to wifi

Hi, for about 2 weeks now i have terrible trouble connecting my android phone to my wifi. I get 3 messages...."Authentication error occurred", "Internet may not be available" or "checking the quality of your internet connection". 

I have a Superhub and I've tried the pinhole 30 second reboot and turning my phone and the hub on and off etc and it's no better.

Some days it's fine but it's beginning to drive me bonkers.

Thanks, Mark

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to wifi

Which model of superhub do you have - SH1, SH2, or SH2ac ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Or do you have a Hub3? A lot of people call them a SuperHubwhen they are not, VM has NEVER called them a SuperHub 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
uknews
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, the back of it says Super Hub and underneath that says VMDG480. I cant see anything else on it that says SH1 or Hub3 or anything....nothing like that. Or should I be looking somewhere else?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thats the SH1 - a useful doorstop these days. Needs replacing with the Hub3 - but first - is it working ok with devices connected on ethernet cable ? This will determine your negotiating strategy.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
uknews
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've nothing else connected to it by ethernet cable anymore.....got rid of my computer a while back.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok. If you call it in as a fault then the offshore lot will test your connection and say "its all working fine" - which of course it may be and so be reluctant to swap it as their script says all wifi problems are down to interference in the user's home. So just be insistent and say the wifi is completely dead and you want an engineer's visit to fix it as all your devices are wireless only and none have been able to connect for days. Be polite but insistent and they should just send one out to you or book an engineers visit - who will simply swap it straight away. If that doesnt work, next day switch it off and call in and say its totally dead.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
uknews
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos