cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to hotspot

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

I have an Android (pixel 4) and cannot connect to any public or private hotspots with the Virgin Connect app. I know I'm right on top of a hotspot.  Can see the WiFi network "Virgin Media" when I go to WiFi settings.  With strong signal.  But the app does not connect even though I am signed in and it says it will automatically connect when I am in range.

In the app under Home - Settings - About it says "Virgin Media WiFi Profile - Yes".  

If I manually try to connect the WiFi to the "Virgin Media" network I can see it asks for all sorts of stuff I don't know.  Eg Domain. 

Can anyone help?

44 REPLIES 44

Thanks for these details but where /how do I enter them

Samsun galaxy a52

When you try to connect to a virgin media WiFi hotspot 

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media

SandorM77
Joining in

still cant connect also i have in my wi fi router : virginmedia but with my virgin media cant connect, why and how?

Sandor

Hello, I disabled my home WiFi, and then attempted to log into VirginMedia WiFi, as if I was roaming. And obviously it won't, as it's broken.

But following a post on here somewhere I modified the settings for getting on, and this is what I put. The email\password are my VirginMedia login. And I seem to remember it tells me the settings I used are not safe, but hey ho it worked.

Screenshot_20220802-193420-171.png

EAP method = AKA worked for me.