cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to hotspot

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

I have an Android (pixel 4) and cannot connect to any public or private hotspots with the Virgin Connect app. I know I'm right on top of a hotspot.  Can see the WiFi network "Virgin Media" when I go to WiFi settings.  With strong signal.  But the app does not connect even though I am signed in and it says it will automatically connect when I am in range.

In the app under Home - Settings - About it says "Virgin Media WiFi Profile - Yes".  

If I manually try to connect the WiFi to the "Virgin Media" network I can see it asks for all sorts of stuff I don't know.  Eg Domain. 

Can anyone help?

44 REPLIES 44

french01
On our wavelength

This is not working, at least for me.

Let's hope this issue is to be fixed sooner than later. 

Screenshot_20220415-113512_Settings.jpg

Welcome back to the community @french01

How are things looking at the moment with your connection?

Regards,

Steven_L

To help anyone that's still struggling. These manual settings work for me in Android.

EAP - TTLS

Phase 2 Auth - MSCHAPV2

CA Cert - Trust on first use

Identity -. vmedwifi/*your Virgin account email*

Anon identity - Blank

Password - Virgin account password

Thanks for those details JohnFourty 

Gareth_L

Hmm that isn't a certificate option for me on Samsung galaxy s22 ultra. I need to select from these 2 dropdowns and list a domain. 

Do not validate fails. 

Screenshot_20220429-115518_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220429-115527_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220429-115533_Settings.jpg

  

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media

Wait no! Selecting do no validate worked and then I didn't need the other option!  

Thanks!!!

Why on earth Virgin Media couldn't provide this info makes no sense though....

Terrible customer service

Hi Simon try the "request status" option that shouldn't require a domain.

SandorM77
Joining in

hello

dear team 

i m just new on this, i contactcted a moderator, but that isnt wanted to answer me, i thinked much easy, but if you wanted to post here can you answer me here on pm on something please i cant connect to hotspot, i have samsung a51 5 g 

thank you

Sandor

Follow johnfourtys instructions above. It would be great if a mod could pin this post

Good Morning @SandorM77, thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to read the advice given to us by @JohnFourty to fix this issue for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn