cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to London Underground WiFi

petenice
Up to speed

I've been connecting to Virgin Media's London Underground WiFi as a Vodafone customer for a few years. It seems that Vodafone are no longer supporting this. I can now login using my Virgin Media login details but it gives me an error each time I try and I end up in a perpetual loop. 

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Screenshot_20210614-095527.png

86 REPLIES 86

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @petenice 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with accessing the WiFi in the London underground. 

Are you able to let me know, what phone you are currently using, the software and what error you are getting? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I've got a pixel 4 running Android 11. When I try to login in via the wifi setting on my phone I first get the warning above in the image in my first post which then redirects to a webpage of the login screen. Then I'm in a perpetual loop of trying to login in with my virgin media login - just keeps coming back to the login screen and the Wifi never connects.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

We are currently aware of an issues with the virgin media connect app and the software you are currently running,  we are working on a resolution to this  but at the moment we don't have an ETA of a fix. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I'm not using the connect app. I'm trying to connect via the wifi settings on my phone as I used to when I previously logged in with my Vodafone account. It loads the WiFi login page where you choose which provider you're with.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Just a coup of things picking up from that thread. 

Are you a virgin media customer? If so are you opted into hotspots? 

Are you making sure that you are connected to Virgin Media and not Virgin media WiFi? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yes I'm a Virgin media customer - I said in my original post I was trying to use my Virgin Media login.

The network was always Virgin Media WiFi to connect to previously. Interesting that you're now suggesting it's the other network which previously never worked for me.

This is the login page you get when connected to Virgin Media WiFi. Why is this available if this isn't the network to connect to?

Screenshot_20201213-152451.png

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @petenice,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue and for providing the screen shot.

Can you please let us know if you have any issues logging into your online account at all? 

Are you using the same main login to connect to the Underground as you do with logging into your MyVirginMedia account?

Please let us know when you can.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have no issues logging into my account and I'm using the same details. It's quite obvious from other posts there there is an issue with the login for the underground Wifi.

I would suggest you speak to the team responsible for the functionality of the login and get them to look at what the issue is.