cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect phone to Wifi

Clark51414
Tuning in

I'm having trouble connecting my phone to my WiFi. It states "connection full". I have reset the router, restarted phone and forgot WiFi then reconnected it. Other family members disconnected their devices to allow space but still no joy. I phoned customer service a while back about this issue, appprtently they haven't heard if this before but its still happening. I am having to report to paying for more data through phone company. Please can you advise

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Where specifically does this prompt of "connection full" appear? And are you using Android or iOS?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

At the bottom of the WiFi connection page  A message pop up displays at the bottom of the screen that says "Connection failed- Network full". I'm using android, thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Clark51414,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your WiFi connection to your mobile phone.

Can you tell us what phone model you have?

When your family disconnected their phones from the network, did this allow you to temporarily connect at all? Did your family see the same error you're seeing?

Have you rebooted your mobile device to see if this can clear the issue?

Please keep us updated on this if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This has happened with several members of my family all at different times with both iPhone 12 and Huawei p20 Pro phone. Its just getting so frustrating as family are having to buy extra data on their mobiles, while I have been reaching my limit with VM after a  couple of weeks.

I also have the boosters in my home. 

Once we disconnected it took around 30 mins to connect the phone, then we all connected back to the WiFi everything was fine, but this is happening on a regular basis.

Thank you

Hi Clark51414,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry to hear you are still having issues with phones in the household dropping from WIFI, I have had a look and can see some potential WIFI issues however I can also see the Router has not been rebooted for over 32 Days, can you try a pin reset on the Router just to rule out a software issue, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards?

Regards

Paul.