cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect new hub to pc

LizRose
Joining in

So I have a new hub I hadn't asked for a new one just told I had to have it. I have connected 2 mobiles a tablet and a PC ok 🙂

However I can't connect my other PC I use for my business.

When I switch PC on theres no network code to click on although connections are available to just about everyone else living nearby.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

I am guessing you now have a Hub 5 and the office computer is not connecting.

If that is the case, look at the Hub 5 Wireless >> Security settings and change the encryption mode from WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE to WPA2-PSK for both the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands.

Havn't a clue what that means, hopefully can get a family member to help 😅

2.4GHz is already set to WPA2-PSK 

With the same WiFi Network Name (SSID)  for 2.4 and 5GHz I cant alter the 5GHz security settings

When I changed (SSID) Password for 2.4  I can then view 5 GHz setting which is also WPA2-PSK

Unfortunately, this makes no difference to my P.C. connection problems. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try switching off (disabling) Smart/intelligent Wifi as that is what is combining the two wifi bands into a single SSID. That should then allow you to alter the features individually - rename them to keep them separate

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.