cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect my pixma iX6850 to Virgin Hub 3.0

Danniwazza
Joining in

Hi, so I’m trying to connect my new printer to my phone (and later to my iPad) via wireless connection. After following Canon instructions it just says ‘can’t find printer’.

ive tried going down the route of a WPS pin, the printer generated one and I entered it in the 192. Page, got a message to say the device has connected but when I try to see this in the app, it says no printer found.

not very tech savvy and would really appreciate some tips 

4 REPLIES 4

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

I would imagine the printer wants to connect at 2.4GHz and the Hub will be showing the same SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. so the printer won't know what to do.

Try this ...

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Best done with a cable connected device.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

When you connect the devices do it at the furthest point from the Hub that the device will be used.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Hi there. I've just bought a new ix6850 (my old one died). I'm trying to connect it to my Virgin wi-fi (Virgin 3 Hub) - but it's just not having it. I tried your suggestion:

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

..but it still doesn't work. I used to work fine with my old printer - so I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've installed all the latest printer drivers. I'm using an iMac running Big Sur. Any help greatly appreciated.

Richard

Resolved: You just need to press and hold the WPS button on the Virgin Hub 3 for 5 seconds when going through the setup process. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

glad you found the solution to this in the end richardesigner, thanks for keeping the thread updated it's very much appreciated.

Tom