Menu
karen0305
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect HUDL 2 to wi-fi

I have been trying to connect a new HUDL 2 tablet to my wi-fi for the last 4 hours and am having mega problems. I have googled and searched for an answer but can't get one so am hoping someone on here can help me. It lets me select my virgin wi-fi and tries to connect, looks like it's connected and connected, then says 'Couldn't access internet = An internet connection is needed to setup your HUDL. Please check your Wi-Fi settings or connect to a different network'. I have tried allsorts and it still won't connect. Can anyone shed any light on this at all please? 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect HUDL 2 to wi-fi

Connect to the 2.4Ghz band and then the 5Ghz band, see whether one works. If you have a Hub 3.0 you need to separate out the bands.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
karen0305
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have tried disabling the 5Ghz and that didn't work, I can try it the other way round then and see if it works just on the 5Ghz frequency.
0 Kudos
karen0305
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

This didn't work, I ended up with everything losing connection apart from my mobile phone luckily, but thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

A couple of things you can try.
It would be handy if you could separate the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands for testing
Try temporarily disabling the wireless security on the Hub
Create a guest network for the HUDL.

0 Kudos
karen0305
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you but I tried all that last night. After spending 5 hours trying to sort the issue out last night, I have just spoken to Tesco technical help as the HUDL was only sold by Tesco, as they have just told me that this has been a known issue since last Saturday that once the HUDL has been factory reset it is not connecting to WiFi devices, and they don't know why but are trying to resolve it. 

0 Kudos
Finklewiz
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem with a Hudl I just acquired. Having just sniffed the network traffic I see it looking up the address of device.mobile.tesco.com and then making an HTTPS request to it which gets an RST response suggesting the service isn't listening. When I try and connect to that address myself I find nothing there either.

Did something get to end of life at Tesco I wonder? Hudl is not something they're interested in any more so it's quite possible this service got forgotten about or simply reached end of service life and turned off. Unfortunately it appears to be key to the Hudl restarting..

0 Kudos
karen0305
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Tesco technical help said they were going to get back to me if a solution came up, and has they haven't contacted me yet I am going to chase them up in the next 2 days. I will let you know what they have to say.

0 Kudos
Finklewiz
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - that's great. I'm pretty certain the problem is at their end given what I've observed so hopefully they've found someone who knows someone who remembers something... 😄

jjjedislug
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have same problem. Did tesco get back to you?

0 Kudos