cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access specific website

WitsEnd_dorset
Tuning in

So, recently virgin have decided that I cannot access www.eurocarparts.com from my broadband. This has been going on for a couple of weeks and i think there has been another site but can't remember which now. Tried "turning it off and on again" on devices and router to no avail. Works on mobile data (O2). Tried a different browser too. Also tried websafe settings. 

Doesn't load on other devices connected to the hub either so I'm confident it's a virgin thing. Error message basically says its timed out. I've tried googling this and the answers aren't helpful. Even this forum doesn't seem to address the issue. it's a hub 2 and don't want to sign up for another 18 months for a hub 3 unless it's guaranteed to fix it! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So I just double checked the Web safe options and turned off the virus option and now I can access their sites. I was sure I tried this before so give it a go and see if that works for you. If so then please let us know!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like your public IP address has been blocked by a third party, which is not controlled by VM.

Wow, quick reply thanks. So based on your answer I would have to ask:

Why? And how do I resolve it?

I can't see why my IP address would be blocked by a car parts company that I use. Its a bit odd don't you think?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Other threads have had people blocked from https://cpc.farnell.com/ so it can happen!

You need to find out who the host is, and contact them.

Go >> HERE << and go through the process.

Post the results back DO NOT publish your IP Address.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Somehow I think contacting a car parts supplier for tech support will be interesting. I just downloaded a VPN and connected to the site over WiFi so it is looking likely that this is the case!

Thank you for your replies. Not sure how I'll progress with the block yet. 

Did you go to the test site as advised.

Beware of any 'free' VPNs they cost a lot of money to run so that 'free' has to be paid for somehow.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

I went through the privacy policy published on their site and sent an email, so will wait and see. 

I've ditched the VPN as it was just a test for now. 

Di you go to >> HERE << and go through the process ?

Post the results back DO NOT publish your IP Address.

Sorry for the delay, yes I did try that site. My IP address did not receive a bad score. Puzzling to say the least.