cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access pictures on Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp

kgeriksson
On our wavelength

Hi,

All of a sudden (since 3G/4G stopped working in my area) I can no longer download photos from Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp via Virgin wifi on my phone or laptop. Other apps and sites work fine - I can stream BBC iPlayer, YouTube etc. There is no problem with the speed either. 
What could the problem be and how can I fix it? 
K

157 REPLIES 157

duosonic
On our wavelength

Hi

Can I please please get some help? I have answered every question as well as done the trace route thing and after 5 months am stranded. I can see I am not the only customer like this. Can I please please get some help?

thankyou

The upshot for me (after many painful months) is that our IP address was somehow blocked and it could only be solved by getting a new IP address / new router.

ah so did VM supply a new router?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @duosonic

Thanks for posting!

Just to double check, is it only your sky box you are struggling to connect from?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

duosonic
On our wavelength

Hi

i assume you have read back the exhaustive thread?!  This Sky issue is an addition to all the ongoing problems with FB IG and WhatsApp. Some help would be appreciated please

Hi did VM supply a new router and did that work?

thanks

Yes and yes

Thank you for answering. How did you get them to supply one? I gave up trying but am in despair! Do you call the hopeless helpline?

duosonic
On our wavelength

SOLVED!

I gave up on VM help and support and followed one kind poster here with the last resort - give up and buy a new router. I bought a Netgear Orbi, put my Hub4 into modem mode and everything is fixed. When I say everything:

all social media and WhatsApp now load perfectly

youtube now loads instantly

my sky Q boxes do not drop out.

I had ZERO help from Virgin Media along the way, and was refused a new router countless times when CLEARLY the IP on the Hub is the problem. 

I have added unlimited data to all the mobiles in my household, spent £200 on a new router and wasted 5 months pursuing VM. 

I am elated to have solved this problem and can add that the Orbi  has given my amazing speeds throughout a large victorian house with ease.

BUT I am apoplectic about the expense, hassle and wasted months asking a company to DO THEIR JOB. I deserve to be compensated and I would please ask that this post solution be shared to every other poor sod wasting their time. 

Thankyou if you helped. 

sumasubv
Joining in

I've the same problem on my Wifi as well. Unable to see any pictures or videos on Instagram or Facebook on Laptops or mobile phones.

Can someone please guide me the latest solution on this one?