cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access Super Hub 3 settings

Lildudealex
Tuning in

I’m trying to login to the router settings to setup the Virgin Media Connect app but the default password on the bottom of the Hub doesn’t work, either entered manually or via scanning in the app.

Ive tried also via the browser and the password still doesn’t work so it’s not an issue with the app.

The default password hasn’t been changed; I’ve used the pinhole reset on the back of the router several times to ensure this and still can’t get into the settings. 

Seen a few others on here having issues. Any solution?

20 REPLIES 20

Hi Nope, sorry you've had issues.  We've not been advised of any issues, I can check to see if there's been any firmware updates to see if this may have caused your issue.  If it has been a case of this, then there should not be any further issues similar to what you have described.

Regards

Lee_R

shippo59
Joining in

im having the same problem

I'm really sorry to hear this shippo59

Do you mean you've been unable to login to your hub 3?

Regards

Lee_R

Try the complete reset instructions posted here earlier. Holding the reset down for at least 60 seconds. Worked for me!

Malleto
Settling in

Will me resetting the router back to original setup with my trusty paperclip  Does this resetting of the router do so to the router access login page with password is the password?

alilil2010
Joining in

I’m trying to login to the router settings to setup an app but the default password on the bottom of the Hub doesn’t work. Any solution?

Hi alilil2010

With the Hub "on" disconnect any ethernet connections and push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the WiFi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the WiFi one for devices connecting to the WiFi and the settings one to access the Hub.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@alilil2010 wrote:

I’m trying to login to the router settings to setup an app but the default password on the bottom of the Hub doesn’t work. Any solution?

Are you definitely using the 'Settings' password? (8 digits as opposed the the alphanumeric characters of the default password)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you. Yes I was using the password with digits(settings password).

Hi alilil2010,

Have you managed to get things sorted?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs