cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access Super Hub 3 settings

Lildudealex
Tuning in

I’m trying to login to the router settings to setup the Virgin Media Connect app but the default password on the bottom of the Hub doesn’t work, either entered manually or via scanning in the app.

Ive tried also via the browser and the password still doesn’t work so it’s not an issue with the app.

The default password hasn’t been changed; I’ve used the pinhole reset on the back of the router several times to ensure this and still can’t get into the settings. 

Seen a few others on here having issues. Any solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub "on" disconnect any ethernet connections and push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings one to access the Hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You don’t need to use the connect app for anything worthwhile 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub "on" disconnect any ethernet connections and push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings one to access the Hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lildudealex

Howe are things looking now. 

I hope all is okay after the Reset

Gareth_L

I want a WiFi booster 🙂

This worked a treat, thank you!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lildudealex wrote:

I want a WiFi booster 🙂

No you don't !  Get you own (superior) wireless equipment 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I actually have my own wireless repeaters but thought why not try get another if it’s free! 

Nope
On our wavelength

I had exactly the same issue as OP this morning. I couldn't get into the router settings (the connection just timed out) and all ethernet based connections to the internet were out. Thanks, jbrennand, for posting your solution. Just a shame VM "technical support" couldn't have given me the same information and instead wanted to send an engineer out!

So what's happened to cause this? Have VM rolled out a new version of the router software and it has fudged "a few" customers? Or is it just standard that I'm going to have to tear my network to pieces every few months?

Hi Lildudealex

Do you mean you'd like to have free WiFi boosters provided by Virgin Media?

Regards

Lee_R