cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Hitron login, ping to router drops 50% of packets

ben_col1
Tuning in

Hi

If I go to https://192.180.0.1 the page spins forever and never loads the dashboard. I have the Hitron CGNV4 hub.

I've already tried a factory reset, connecting with a cable and we changed the router, and tried on different computers. It worked the first time on a new hub and then the same problem repeated. 

Probably related, the network constantly drops out, if I ping the router half the packets are lost and often the 5G SSID is not broadcast. The Virgin Media engineer seemed lost and only changed the hub hoping it helped.

What could be the issue? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you are a Virgin Business customer.

This is a forum for Virgin Media UK residential customers, so our current kit is Arris manufactured & varies between the Hub 2 & Hub 5. Hitron is only provided to business customers.

The staff here may be of limited help, but I would suggest contacting Virgin's business arm for further assistance.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately they haven't been attentive to the specific problem so I was hoping despite the routers being different someone here might have experienced the same thing. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Because you are a business package where things are different I dont think this will help, but with the standard VM Hubs its..... 192.168.100.1/ (in modem mode) - or - 192.168.0.1/ (in router mode) you want to go to - and not the url you are using.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Nice catch! But just a typo unfortunately. I can't see a way to edit it now.

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip that the login page is 192.168.100.1 when in modem mode as I was getting "access denied" on the 192.168.0.1 page with no indication where I was going wrong.  I am a business customer and this was the solution.  Much appreciated!