cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access to some websites of China

tn1y19
Tuning in

Hi!

I don't know what happened with my connection, but is a big problem for me. From last week we found that we can not access some websites of China anymore, but other sites like google or any other none Chinese website is OK, which has never happened before. But when we switch to a data connection, this problem doesn't seem to exist. At first, we thought that there were some problems with the VM services, but when I asked my friends who also use the VM, they gave me a negative answer. Obviously this problem only happened on my connection. I tried to contact the customer service and he told me to reset the router or set automatic selection of IP and DNS, but it didn't work. I asked a friend about the network and he told me that something went wrong with DNS, but I didn't know much about it. This problem has troubled us for more than a week, and I can't even check the mailbox of China. Hope someone can help me, thanks.

69 REPLIES 69

There is no error message, it is simply loading forever. I do believe it is due to the distribution of my server is somehow not accessible to quite a few Chinese website. This is a common issue now, since early March this year. I am very sure it is not the website problem or anything particular within my area, as the same building, everybody using Virgin media (the building is a new built, only Virgin media access to it, hyperoptic is on the way), my friend literally live next me have no problem with accessing those websites. 

This has been a while,I called several times to customer service, but people there just doesnt understand the issue, and following the "script" to answer my question. So hopefully here I can get this issue properly raised and get some really technical solution to this. Otherwise it left no choice but change network provider. 

Cheers for replying, renhe2046. Will go ahead and get this raised now and see if I can get a solution or some answers for you. I will update this post once I get these answers.

Thanks,

Corey C

The same problem here. Some site are blocked when acceas with VM broadband but no problem with Vodafone mobile network. Please we know the response.

@brolinuk wrote:

The same problem here. Some site are blocked when acceas with VM broadband but no problem with Vodafone mobile network. Please we know the response.

They’re probably blocked for good reason 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I have the same issue here, which has been about two weeks.
May I ask if you have sorted this out?

@Cyril818 wrote:
I have the same issue here, which has been about two weeks.
May I ask if you have sorted this out?

What same issue is that?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cyril818

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues, could you please expand on this so we can best advise you? 

Thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Sofia_B,

I got the same issue, which I can not open some websites that their servers in China by my VM router. I will get 'ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT' response from the web page when I try to open them. It's not only website, some mobile phone apps of China also can not be connected by my VM router. But they are all good if I do connection by my mobile network(4G or 5G, my mobile network is also severed by Virgin Mobile).

They were good, and my router was good as well, this issue happened from about 3 weeks ago. I have turned Websafe off, but this issue is still there. My friend's VM router is still running good now, there is no this issue on his router.

Hope you can help me with this.

Many thanks

Tom

Hi @ukhebelieve.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for yous first post.

Sorry to hear you are unable to access some sites.

Have you tried access them with a VPN to see if the problem persists? Have you also tried them using a different browser and/or clearing cache/cookies to see if this fixes things?

If the problem persists, can you let us know what websites you are unable to access?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Akua_A,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have just followed your advice to try with a VPN. Yes, a VPN can fix this issue. But why there was no this issue before? And why dose only my VM router have this issue? How can I fix this issue directly? Because it will be not ideal to use a VPN on my all devices when I use internet every time. And I worry the VPN could do a affect for the speed.

Many thanks

Tom