cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access to some websites of China

tn1y19
Tuning in

Hi!

I don't know what happened with my connection, but is a big problem for me. From last week we found that we can not access some websites of China anymore, but other sites like google or any other none Chinese website is OK, which has never happened before. But when we switch to a data connection, this problem doesn't seem to exist. At first, we thought that there were some problems with the VM services, but when I asked my friends who also use the VM, they gave me a negative answer. Obviously this problem only happened on my connection. I tried to contact the customer service and he told me to reset the router or set automatic selection of IP and DNS, but it didn't work. I asked a friend about the network and he told me that something went wrong with DNS, but I didn't know much about it. This problem has troubled us for more than a week, and I can't even check the mailbox of China. Hope someone can help me, thanks.

69 REPLIES 69

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Many websites in China are blocked from western IP addresses.

Have you tried a VPN?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Yeah, I‘ve tried the VPN, it's actually worked. But network problems happen suddenly and do not exist for other VM users, they can browse some websites which I can not. Maybe is not China blocked their website.

Yeah, I‘ve tried the VPN, it's actually worked. But network problems happen suddenly and do not exist for other VM users, they can browse some websites which I can not. Maybe is not China blocked their website.

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Are you connecting with wifi or ethernet cable?

Give us a few URLs that you can't connect to.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

None work. I can give you some basically websites that I cannot enter because of too long to respond: www.**bleep**.cn, www.12306.com.

And some websites that show only a few words with wrong layout, just like the web from the 1990s: www.tieba.baidu.com, www.mail.qq.com.

Thank you anyway

None worked. I can give you some basically websites that I can not enter because of "too long to respond": www.**bleep**.cn, www.12306.com.

And some websites I can enter but in the wrong layout and just a few words: www.tieba.baidu.com, www.mail.qq.com

Thank you anyway!

I think my reply was deleted by someone 😞

None of the connection worked. I think is illegal to write URLs here. So you can just google **bleep**, 12306 these two websites in Chinese which I can not enter because" too long to respond". And qq mail, baidutieba these two websites I can enter but in the wrong layout with just a few words.

Thank you anyway!

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

it isn't illegal to write URLs on here, and example of a URL is www. bbc.co.uk