cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use bt open reach with virgin media internet??

Sophielx09
Joining in

I'm currently with sky but thinking about changing to virgin to get faster speed as my current sky only gets 59mbs and its really slow. i have bt open reach box and open reach line on the wall. i have had virgin in the past and still have the wall socket for the cable but my question is can i use BT open reach for virgin media.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you had broadband before than you should be able to swap back. But there is no connection or shard cable with OpenReach.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

Short answer no! The VM provision is supplied using their own infrastructure and over the coax cable.

i still have the virgin media wall socket for the cable on my wall still from when i had virgin media before years ago. would it still be working like no need for an engineer to come out and do stuff to it just a simple plug the cable into it once the internet has gone live.

i also still have a brown box outside my house on the wall would that still be connected up? i changed from virgin a few years ago and went to sky as virgin prices went up at the time.

If you had broadband before than you should be able to swap back. But there is no connection or shard cable with OpenReach.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As said you can join VM with a quickstart" pack and plug the Hub into the VM wall socket. It should just work. There a small number of times it doesnt (for various reasons) when a Tech visit will be required. But you dont pay anything until is connected to the network - and you can cancel within 14 days and pay nothing - if you dont like it.

Just do not cancel the Sky BB package until you are into those 14 days - in case there is an issue connecting you - so you maintain connectivity.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.