cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I receive a complimentary hub 5?

Husk24
On our wavelength

Hi , I have 1gb internet with hub 4 modem, I am sure I read somewhere that I can request the latest wifi 6 router for free? Any info would be appreciated 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Existing 1GB customers with a working Hub4 connection cannot have a free Hub5 upgrade.

They are preserving the stocks for new 1GB customers or those upgrading.

When Hub5 stock levels return to normal they will probably relax that rule.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes I was refused because I have a hub 4. Crazy that those that would benefit from the 2.5Gb port are being denied it. You would have thought us first.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM should have done 900Mb
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi John

How do you know this? I've been told via WhatsApp that I can be added to the email invites. Saying that, I haven't received it!!! Could a Mod please confirm as all teh new advertised packages show the hib 5 and they are supposed to work with the pods, that was the excuse given by phone to me about 4 months ago...

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I know it because I have seen it posted by VM staff on these fora several times over the last few weeks. A VM staff member will confirm it - again - on here in due course.

Yes all new 1GB customers can now have them as advertised - and yes they do now work with pods. They didn't 4 months ago and so werent available to 1GB users other than by selective email invitation.

Its a "fluid" situation it may change tomorrow.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

You can't just want a hub 5 because its new everyone is likely wanting it too but VM can't change everyone I do think VM put their foot in it saying 1Gb had 1Gb been 940Mb for everyone even with the hub 5 no one would care....only ones wanting wifi6 but thats another thing

In fact VM should rate limit to 940Mb reduce the cost of that package and that will solve that till VM go 1.5Gb.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Houseplants
Joining in
  • I have 300mb broadband with the Hub 3 , signal up stairs is terrible at times. I downloaded the virgin connect app however it can't find the Hub ( connected to WiFi no Vpn and have hard rest the hub ) 

Since I've had this hub for years now am I able to get a Hub 4 or the mesh devices to help signal upstairs ? 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Husk24, thank you for reaching out.

As it stands we are only offering the Hub5 out to new customers and people upgrading to 1GB speeds.

Both the Hub 4 and Hub 5 are fully capable of the provisioned speed for Gig1 between them and us. The 950Mbit limitation referenced is the maximum throughput of a single Ethernet port on the Hub 4, as they’re Gigabit ports so have networking overheads that reduce the speed from the theoretical maximum. The Hub 5 has one 2.5Gbit port so will deliver the provisioned speed of Gig1 to a single Ethernet device. The other Ethernet ports on the Hub 5 are the same Gigabit ports as the Hub 4. 

Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi

The forum team members info is out of date. Via the Whatsapp support - you can stress your issues and hub 3 owners and 4, can be sent a self install kit. Mines on its way and shows as ordwred on my VM account page. Keep posting. Good luck.

whatsapp on 07305327112