cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I order 2 WiFi Pods please

jdoherty76
Dialled in

We stay in an old house with thick concrete walls built circa 1937. House has an extension on it and wifi speed very poor in extension area (Named the Hub) and far away bedroom. I have used the Virgin Connect app to confirm these speeds.  I have situated my router in the hall. High up (8ft) not any real problems elsewhere. I believe my contract allows a couple of these to be obtained FOC. And obviously returned when and if I leave Virgin. Highly unlikely as we've been with the company in it various iterations since inception. Our email address is still blueyonder lol.

Can someone assist on obtaining said pods?

Thanks John

1000000055.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should be able to order one through the app. VM will only dispatch one at a time with a week between orders. If no luck with the app, call customer services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor how do you order these thru the app. I never saw anywhere to do this. Thanks 

Hi Tudor I've tried the phone number provided. 0345 454 1111 All you get is a series of automated responses and none mention the pods. Can you actually speak to a person and ask them to (a) see if your contract allows for a FOC Pod (b) and get one sent out.  Anyone out there provide any insights into this.  Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

iHi @jdoherty76 

See the following page for details, including  how to order online via My Virgin Media or through the Connect app

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

You can also call the direct number 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you new Appolo.  my new package is called the Big Bundle with Volt Gig 1.  Would this qualify FOC ?

Thanks..

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jdoherty76 

Yes, it's a Volt bundle 😃

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave, maybe I'm being pretty thick here but I've ran the VM Connect scanning app and the results are poor at both ends of our property.  However I'm at a loss as to were on this app that you can order a POD.  I'll try calling the number you suggested tomorrow...

Thanks..