cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a SuperHub Upgrade/Replacement

melsby1
Tuning in

Our internet dies every couple of days or so.

Devices can connect but internet access is not present.

We use a SuperHub 2 in modem mode with a Asus Router (RT-AX86U)

When "internet is down" the Asus router diagnostics always point to the router being unavailable/unconnected.

When I reboot the Superhub 2 normal internet access is restored without any changes being made to the router.

Power is always on for the Superhub and the connections into it are sound.

Is it possible to upgrade our superhub as it would seem to probably be contributing to the outages.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try changing the ethernet cable first and try another port on the Hub

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@jbrennand wrote:
...and try another port on the Hub

don't think you can on a SH2.

---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Good point legacy1 - I should know that as I have one - mind you I have only ever connected it up once 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi melsby1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues. Your area is currently affected by an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The fault reference for your records is F009217667 and the estimated fix date is today at 6pm.

Please monitor the connection for me as this sounds like what you've said so would explain it.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill