cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I check my historical broadband usage?

RS23
On our wavelength

Hi,

We have had issues with wifi download speed for some time now.  Having spoken to Virgin on the phone I was told our usage per month is around 400GB and that the average is 100GB a month and that this is slowing down our internet.  our internet also cuts out a lot.

Is there anywhere that i can check my historical usage?

Thank you.

32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Regalgal wrote:

I was surprised that virgin were charging for their boosters at £5 a month (£60 a year) so initially the Deco’s are more expensive but it’s a one off cost and they’re yours no matter what provider you’re with. 

but surely the pods should be free if you’re having issues. My issues didn’t start until lockdown and I’d been with virgin over a year at that point so I assumed it was the increase in traffic but they’ve had more than enough time to fix it if it was cause of lockdown 

I imagine upgrading their infrastructure to cater for double the overal internet usage by their customers is not a straight forward task.

RS23
On our wavelength

What we are experiencing is the following:

Slow download speeds of 40mbps or under all the time. 

Intermittent connection to the WiFi with devices dropping off unexpectedly.

Recently discovered that my hp printer is connected to the network but doesn't have Internet connectivity and I cannot avail of hp online services etc.  HP assistance said there is something wrong with the network that is causing this.

My virgin contract ends in 2 weeks and am reluctant to renew with a faster broadband in case I experience these problems again.

What is the best openreach could offer in your area ?

I wouldn’t necessarily upgrade to a faster speed when you’re not getting the one you pay for.

as I said going up to 200mb has done nothing for me and I was getting 30mbs and below.

they way they describe it sounds like speed and bandwidth are the same thing which they aren’t unless they give you more bandwidth with more speed. Maybe someone can clarify that

Anonymous
Not applicable
speed and bandwidth are the same.
If you are not getting the speed you pay for upgrading will do nothing.
thats lik being stuck on a motorway at 20mph in heavy traffic in a car that can go 100mph so you get a new car that can go 120mph. you will still be stuck at 20mph

@Anonymous wrote:

@Regalgal wrote:

I was surprised that virgin were charging for their boosters at £5 a month (£60 a year) so initially the Deco’s are more expensive but it’s a one off cost and they’re yours no matter what provider you’re with. 

but surely the pods should be free if you’re having issues. My issues didn’t start until lockdown and I’d been with virgin over a year at that point so I assumed it was the increase in traffic but they’ve had more than enough time to fix it if it was cause of lockdown 

I imagine upgrading their infrastructure to cater for double the overal internet usage by their customers is not a straight forward task.

Surely that’s why they shouldn’t charge for the extra support ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Regalgal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Regalgal wrote:

How else are they going to fund the £1billion investment into their infrastructure?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Regalgal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Regalgal wrote:

How else are they going to fund the £1billion investment into their infrastructure?

😂😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Regalgal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Regalgal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Regalgal wrote:

😂😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55529291 

RS23
On our wavelength

Hi everyone,

Just to bring the conversation back to my original question, is there a cheaper way of improving my broadband speeds through virgin?

As far as I can tell Virgin are supposed to be the fastest provider on the market so theoretically i should stay with them but they need to fix the problem I am having.

As per the very first response i got on here should I create a bqm and post it in here so my performance data can be analysed by an engineer to see what is wrong.