cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I check my historical broadband usage?

RS23
On our wavelength

Hi,

We have had issues with wifi download speed for some time now.  Having spoken to Virgin on the phone I was told our usage per month is around 400GB and that the average is 100GB a month and that this is slowing down our internet.  our internet also cuts out a lot.

Is there anywhere that i can check my historical usage?

Thank you.

32 REPLIES 32

Z92
Trouble shooter

They'll only send you the past month, and apparently I used up 270GB last month, which my router completely disagrees with. 

They are most likely talking complete hog wash. Sure, if you are constantly downloading and maxing out your line then this will slow down your internet, but if you have 10 kids all watching HD YouTube and playing xbox online, that's about 4-5mbps per kid. Now if they were all downloading the latest call of duty update... 

What is your contracted speed? 

What speed are you getting? If it's less than half your contracted speed you can complain. 

RS23
On our wavelength

I thought they might be talking nonsense.  It is just an excuse for my speed being rubbish.

We should be getting 100mbps but are lucky if we hit 40.  As we have been home for months with lockdown etc I am sure our usage will have increased but 400GB sounds like nonsense.

My contract comes to an end in 3 weeks and this makes me want to leave but I cannot imagine BT speeds would be fast enough for us.  I don't want to pay Virgin more for a faster internet that won;t work.

They make it so hard to complain.  You have to wait for hours online or on the phone to get a response or through to anyone.

Z92
Trouble shooter

Regalgal
Tuning in

They told me the same that I use 900gb and told me to upgrade to 200mb speed from 100mb. It made no difference with my speeds and intermittent WiFi. I even got one of their intelligence pods which also didn’t help so following advice on here I got a set of deco hubs and they seem to have done the trick.

RS23
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply.

What are deco hubs?

I will follow the advice on here and see what happens

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RS23 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

What are deco hubs?

I will follow the advice on here and see what happens

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/deco/deco-m4/ 

RS23
On our wavelength

Thanks very much.  Is there a cheaper way of doing this?

Surely Virgin should address the issues we have faced?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RS23 wrote:

Thanks very much.  Is there a cheaper way of doing this?

Surely Virgin should address the issues we have faced?

I suppose it depends on the issue.

I.e. Is it wireless devices dropping off or is the internet connection to the HUB unstable.

I was surprised that virgin were charging for their boosters at £5 a month (£60 a year) so initially the Deco’s are more expensive but it’s a one off cost and they’re yours no matter what provider you’re with. 

but surely the pods should be free if you’re having issues. My issues didn’t start until lockdown and I’d been with virgin over a year at that point so I assumed it was the increase in traffic but they’ve had more than enough time to fix it if it was cause of lockdown