cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy cable the goes from input box to router

Franks259
Joining in

Hi. Advice please.  The box that brings virgin into the house is in the garage which is great but I want to replace the cable that leads from the box to the router due to lounge move around and the cable at the moment is under the flooring and I don’t want to remove flooring for the sake of a cable. Help and advice welcome please? Was wondering if you can just buy the cable and replace it? 

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

No this isn’t a DIY job, you have to call VM and get an engineer round to run the new cables and test. As a non-fault call out, they will charge you £25 for this.

Thanks. But guessing with covid this is not possible at the moment. Thanks for replying 

@Franks259 wrote:

Thanks. But guessing with covid this is not possible at the moment. Thanks for replying 

Whilst similar cables are available you should get VM to install and test the levels etc.  Speak to VM to see if they will come out during the Covid Pandemic and, if they will, what the Covid precautions are.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Thanks. Trying to contact VM 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Franks259,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

As I can see some other members of the community have advised, we can look into arranging an engineer to come out and carry out this work for you, however there'd be a charge of £25 to do so. You can find more information on this via our Price Guide.

If you'd be happy with the charge, please let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!