cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called it a day, had enough of high latency

jhoran
On our wavelength

Finally had enough, got a card through the door from Openreach saying FTTP is now available in my area, so I’m calling it a day with Virgin Media.

I’ve had massive latency issues for the last eighteen months, which Virgin have never got round to fixing, plus the opposition is ten pound a month cheaper for next eighteen months.

Unfortunately Virgin went to pot once Liberty Global took over. Nobody seems to have any knowledge anymore. 

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jhoran,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing ongoing connection issues and that these are leading you to leave our services.

We would hate to lose you as a loyal customer, and we will do our best to try and help!

Can you tell us a little more about the issues you're experiencing?

Have you taken a look at our Service Status page and ran the online equipment diagnostics?

This can be a great help to see if there's anything the system can pick up on as an issue. Please give these a try and let us know how you get on.

We're happy to help.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jhoran
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply, but I’ve now called it a day.

Virgin Media had eighteen months to resolve this and where unable to fix it, and I’m not prepared to waste any further time or money on this fruitless cause.

I even took this to the arbitrator, who just took Virgin Media’s word that they fixed it, even when I provided independence proof that the problem still existed. 

Its sad to see how bad Virgin Media has become since Liberty Global bought it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jhoran,

Thank you for getting back to me about this issue.

If you'd like, we're more than happy to look into this issue for you to see what we can do to help.

Have you been in touch with our team to discuss a cancellation at all? In order to do this, please call our team directly on 150/ 03454541111 and choose the following options: Option 1, option 4, than option 4 again.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you'd like us to take a deeper look into your issue.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

jhoran
On our wavelength

The cancellation has been processed and the Virgin Media service will be terminated on the 16th August. My OpenReach provided FTTP will be installed on Friday. As I mentioned I’ve just had enough of being lied to, overcharged and generally ignored, Virgin Media didn’t seem interested in my custom and assumed their was no competition. There are now two other FTTP offerings in my area and let’s face it for £10 less per month it’s a no brainer.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jhoran,

Thank you for coming back to me with more information.

I'm sorry to hear that your disconnection date is approaching so soon! We'll be sorry to see you go. Apologies that we could not help make you stay with us.

You can read more about our disconnection process on our Thinking of Leaving page, as well as our equipment return guide.

We hope to see you again in the future. If you change your mind, please call us on 0800 183 1234.

Please let us know if you need any help in the meantime.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team