cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable to router

soandsmu13
On our wavelength

Hi, I want to replace the cable between the wall outlet and the router in my home office. Reason being is that I moved some cupboards today and found that the existing cable has a connector /joiner in the middle of the cable. Would I be right in assuming that this connection might weaken the signal to the router ?? If I were to change the cable myself would this affect my contract with VM ?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@soandsmu13  It the current setup is working correctly with the joint in the cable then it should not need changing.

The T&Cs of your contact with VM say you should not alter their cabling.  If a change needs to be made due to a fault VM will arrange a visit at no cost to you. If the cable needs to be changed due to you rearranging the current set up VM will charge £25 to do this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@soandsmu13  It the current setup is working correctly with the joint in the cable then it should not need changing.

The T&Cs of your contact with VM say you should not alter their cabling.  If a change needs to be made due to a fault VM will arrange a visit at no cost to you. If the cable needs to be changed due to you rearranging the current set up VM will charge £25 to do this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Excellent - exactly what I wanted to know. I will leave the cable as is. Thanks for the info.